The SG bonfire

Bailey O, Writer

Spring Grove Area School District hosts a yearly homecoming parade and bonfire where students and their families are all welcome to experience and watch the school bands, the lip-sync battles, the cheer teams, enjoy the tasty treats from the food trucks and more!

The bon fire and parade this year was on October 6 and lasted from six to eight pm! The event was a big hit this year, bringing in at least 1,000 people. The parade consisted of the school different sports and academic teams and clubs, some of which were showing of their skills while others were throwing candy from their decked out floats. The students running for homecoming king and queen were also in the parade on fancy cars!

The lip-sync battle is a head to head battle between the Highschool sports teams to see who has more skill in lip-syncing. This year the lip-sync battle was won by the varsity cheer squad!

Here is what students Jaden Foster had to say about the event, “The lines for the food trucks were terribly long, but the food was great and never disappoints. I feel like the bon fire is just so fun that more and more people come every year.”

Brooke Herr added, “The bon fire is really cool. I actually really like it, the parade is really nice. It’s a little long of a walk, but it’s fine. I do think that the cheerleaders should be doing cheers along side side of the parade or something while everyone is walking, but if not, the lip-sync battle was really fun, and there was lots of people there, the food was good, and it was overall a really good time.”  

People from all over Spring Grove township seem to love the annual bonfire held near the intermediate school!